25 Apr 2013

Khador and the Beast.

This article is re-posted from the site : http://garethhobby.blogspot.co.uk/

Hey..

So its been another busy month of hobby the highlight of which was the Salute event. I have been to many of GW's Games Days but this was my first Salute and it was awesome. Games Day is just a big Games Workshop advert, don't get me wrong I am a big GW fan but there isn't much there to get excited about. but Salute is like being inside nerdvana. If you are into gaming in general then this show really is awesome, there isn't much in the way of actual gaming, there are participation games but they are not a big part of the show. There are some big demo games going on that some clubs (normally of the historical variety) put on and these are normally very big. The main reason to go is the retail side, there are stands from the big retailers, games designers, sculptors, big companies, small companies basically anything that you can buy for any game is there and its a great opportunity to pick up those hard to find things. The club ran a 40K game this year and its defiantly something I would like to do again.


Lich Lord Terminus

Hobby wise I have managed to get a few things done in the last couple of weeks. First on the list is a new caster for my Cryx Warmachine Army. I actually bought this guy about a year ago and assembled him but then put him to one side to focus on learning one cast more in-depth, so after playing Deny as my main caster for a while I thought I would paint him up and give him a run out. Terminus is a big model and was a real pain to put together. I used my faithful Green Stuff and Superglue method, it's tricky but effective. it basically involves using a small amount of Green Stuff on one side of the joint before applying the Super Glue, the combination of the two makes joints rock solid, the trick is getting the joint to take as Green Stuff and Glue can be a bit slippery on initial contact but when that sucker takes it isn't going anywhere unless the model takes a dive from the table. Even if a joint does break in this fashion its easy to fix as the Green Stuff moulds around the joint making reattachment easy.

So following on with the Warmachine theme I finally got round to finishing the Khador starter box. The box comes with Scorcha a Devastator and a Juggernaut. I also started on the unit of Man-O-War Shock Troopers. The Shock Troopers will be going in my final 35pt list no matter what as the models are fantastic and one of the reasons I started a Khador army in the first place. I have a final 35 list and luckily managed to purchase all the models I needed in one go at Salute. Most of them are stuck together and I think will give them a run out soon even though they wont all be painted. I want to see how they roll, I am going for a fairly standard Winterguard deathstar list using Epic Irusk as my main caster. Troops will consist of a full unit of Winterguard with all the attachments standing behind the Man-O-War. The Winterguard will be able to shoot through the Man-O-War due to one of Irusks abilities, when anything gets close the Man-O-War smack them, they will be supported by the Devastator. This leaves me with 9 points..... This is a nice Juggernaut sized hole but I am still undecided if thats what I will put in. I have a few other units lying around that I could put in, I suspect I will go with the Juggernaut to start with. However if I drop Devastator, and make a couple of other tweaks I might be able to get my Conquest in...... mmm.

Man-O-War Shocktrooper


Khador starter set

And finally I added a Beast of Nurgle to my fledgling Nurgle Daemon army. This guy will walk along with a unit of Plaguebearers and Charge a unit first to take all the Snap Fire before the Plaguebearers charge in.


Beast of Nurgle

So next up work continues on the forces of Khador and adding units to the Nurgle Daemons which are not that far from completion, I just need to finalise the army list.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment