12 Jul 2011

A Case For The Defence

Ladies and Gents, it’s been a while, but I’m back in the fold after a bit of a hiatus and thought I’d post a quick update on a few hobby bits I’ve been working on recently.

In one of my previous posts, I was considering the storage and transport options for my new Tyranid army. My previous forces have packed neatly into one (or two maximum) case(s), however, this was going to require something a little more epic to contain the whole horde.

My first port of call was the KR Multicase website to scope out the options. I’ve been a fan of these guys for a long time and have quite a collection of KR boxes already. More and more of the Gambit guys are switching on to the KR range which is appearing more frequently at games evenings at Kids Dreams and the main club days at the hall.

For my money, KR offer the most comprehensive range of cases, with stacks of army specific pre-custom-cut trays to hold standard shaped models (tanks, flyers, jetbikes etc etc) along with trays for you to custom fit yourself to accommodate all those more organically shaped models. The variety of tray depths, widths, cell sizes and other options is impressive, but the information on the site makes it very easy to calculate the right configuration and ensure you order enough foam to fill the box.

After some deliberation, I went for the Quad case in aluminium with a combination of 13 trays (KRD1T, KRV2H, KRV5T, KRN3T, KRF3T x3, KRJ4H x6 for anyone interested…) to hold all the figures in the horde. I must say that I am very pleased with the case; everything went in as anticipated with a small amount of space left over and all the figures are very well protected.


The Tyranids themselves are coming along slowly; the Hive Tyrant, Warriors and both Tervigons are complete and have turned out pretty nicely. The rest is assembled and basecoated… more on that soon.

Other projects I’ve been looking at recently, include finishing off my marine bike army with some cracking additions from the Armorcast ‘cinematics’ range and my Mexican Bandit Posse from Black Scorpion Miniatures for our upcoming games of Warhammer Historical’s Legends of the Old West.

On the painting station at the moment are more Western figures as well as my Marienburg warband for Mordheim. I’m also being drawn towards the Kingdom of Britannia forces from the Dystopian Wars range….

Well, until next time folks

Pete of Team Gambit.

No comments:

Post a Comment